After finishing my gym work out in Jetts fitness Bangchak branch, I took public bus to go to Mega Bangna, which is one of huge shopping mall in Thailand, located at Samut Prakan province next to Bangkok. While I was waiting for my movie starts, I used Aeon Lounge so I report the lounge service here.
Aeon lounge is the place where certain Aeon credit card holder can use to be relaxed enjoying snacks and WIFI connection during shopping in the mall. As of June, 2022, there are 11 locations in all over Thailand.
|1. Central World||2. Future Park Rangsit|
|3. Fashion Island||4. Mega Bangna|
|6. CentralPlaza Pinklao|
|7. CentralPlaza Rayong||8. CentralPlaza Udonthani|
|9. CentralPlaza Khonkaen||10. CentralFestival Hatyai|
|11. Central Phuket Festival|
Most convenient bus to Mega Bangna from Sukhumvit area is No. 132 from Onnut to Bang phli. This time, I cannot find No.132 coming anytime soon so I hopped on No. 46 instead but this is not going to Mega Bangna directly, turning left on Bangna road to go to Ramkhamhaeng university.
I dropped bus No. 46 near Lotus’s Bangna then walked a bit to Mega Bangna.
Entrance of Mega Bangna
Several buses coming to this huge shopping mall so you can use for in and out going trip from here.
Available bus list
- No. 2 BTS Udomsuk – Mega Bangna
- No. 23 Pratunam – Mega Bangna
- No. 180 Central rama 3 – Mega Bangna
- No. 206 Kasetsart University – Mega Bangna
- No. 207 Ramkhamheang University 1 – Mega Bangna
- No. 145 Srinakarin – Mega Bangna
Mall entrance at the back of public bus stop.
Go turning to right side once entered mall building. Passing by Major cinema movie theater, you will see bowling and ice skate place. From here, take escalator to go down to the 1st floor.
Aeon Thana Sinsap branch is at the end of this banking area. Mega Bangna is huge mall so they have some other banking areas also other than this area.
Show your ID to staff to enter the lounge area. This time, one group was there already.
Applicable credit card to use service
Below is the list of credit card that will allow you to access to the lounge area. You can just show ID card such as Passport, Driver’s license etc to enter the lounge. Actually I was never asked to show credit card itself so maybe ID only is enough to bring.
- AEON Royal Orchid Plus World MasterCard
- AEON Royal Orchid Plus Platinum Card
- AEON Gold Card
- VISA Olympic Themed Card Issued by AEON
- AEON J-Premier Platinum Card
- AEON Union Pay Platinum Card
I have Aeon Gold card which is annual fee free for life so I recommend readers get one of them to enjoy various benefit not only access to lounge service but also have discount coupon for McDonald’s, Shoppe, Maxvalue, Major cinema etc. You can refer to below link to know full details of benefit of Aeon card.
Guide for use
- Primary cardholders may use AEON Lounge no more than 4 times/month and no more than 90 minutes per visit.
- Supplementary cardholders may use AEON Lounge no more than 2 times/month and no more than 90 minutes per visit.
- Cardholders may bring up to 1 guest or 2 children under 100cm per visit.
- Children must be attended by card holders not to disturb others.
- Refrain from using mobile or keep voice down.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the lounge. Likewise, complimentary food and drinks in the lounge cannot be brought out of lounge.
There were 3 small tables and 8 chairs are available inside. Sorry 2 chairs were occupied with other group so I refrained from taking photo.
Below is the space I used.
Another space can be used at this time.
Nothing prepared inside the ref due to Covid control.
Charger plug can be connected under the table.
Here are the snacks I got. Thank you so much, staff gave me 2 sets while I came here alone 55. Maybe they might want to feed me more since I have bigger body than others.
Choco pie, Pocky and low sugar tea inside the snack box.
Inside the lounge there is some decoration to display the Japanese culture. Below is the face of “Namahage” which is a imaginary god to go to each family in northern east region in Japan to drive away evil spirits.
”Mari” is a traditional ball in Japan can be used for various plays in old area. Especially “Kemari” is famous to be played like football juggling.
OK! That’s all for Aeon lounge Mega Bangna. Mega Bangna is huge sized mall so when you need to take rest during shopping, please use this lounge.